Mordechay

















Mordechay is my grandfather from my mother side who passed away ten years before I was born.
Mordechay was a carpenter, a craftsman that held much respect for his profession As a child my mother told me stories about my grandfather who I haven't met, showing me the work he did for us and others to my growing demand to see my grandfathers creations.
As I started learning graphic design the stories went through my mind, trying to think how would my grandfather react to my works in graphic design, since he was also a man of vision, skill and aspiration to reach the highest quality possible with each and every work, a craftsman.
In my project I wanted to deal with this connection between two craftsmen, the one who transforms wood into a well crafted object, and the one who transforms an idea, visualizing it to make it speak on it's own.
This project connects us through the work, the craft and the aspiration to skill and with it the aspiration for perfection.

About Me

Ami Nevo: graphic designer recently graduated from shenkar school of design. also involved in art and photography.